Kanten World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kanten World

It's the world that you will explore many things about Kanten. Find out what it can do to improve your health and life style.

HomeHome  Kanten World BlogKanten World Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sea grape

Go down 
AuthorMessage
skusno

skusno

Sea grape Empty
PostSubject: Sea grape   Sea grape Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:18 pm

During my recent trip to South Sulawesi, I am very happy that finally I did really eat the fresh "sea grape" that were collected by fishermen in Pangkep and Bone in South Sulawesi. Sea grape is one of the species of Caulerpa and it has been consumed by people in many places in Indonesia. This sea grape (you will see in a picture why it is called sea grape)unfortunately is seasonal available which means that it is not available all year long due to collecting problem as it is still wild grown and wild harvested. In fact, sea grape has been eaten fresh by Japanese and I heard that it has been cultivated in Philippines for export and local consumption.

If eaten fresh out from the sea, the sea grape is good and tasty due to the minerals especially sodium content inside the sea grape itself. I think this is a good sample of seaweed that can be use for fresh salad.
Back to top Go down
skusno

skusno

Sea grape Empty
PostSubject: Photo   Sea grape Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:23 pm

I have used one of the sea grape species as my avatar. Shall we have one section dedicated for seaweed pictures?
Back to top Go down

Sea grape
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kanten World :: Kanten & Edible Seaweed-
Jump to: